Benefits of a Health Insurance Policy
A health insurance is indispensable when it comes to financially safeguarding your family and yourself in case of any eventuality. While the benefits of an insurance policy are many, it is important to compare and opt for one that serves your purpose in particular as against popular market trends.
- Having a health insurance policy covers you with the consultation fees or visiting a doctor.
- In case, you are referred to specialists where consultation fee is higher and need to go for monthly checkups, your policy will cover you with all the charges.
- In the event, you are hospitalized as a result of some serious disease or illness, your insurer will meet all the hospitalization expenses including treatment, laboratory tests, medicine cost, accommodation, catering, laundry services etc.
- Usually, the insurance companies cover the cost of drugs recommended by the physician. This may include the medicines obtained from hospital’s pharmacy, or from a chemist accredited by the insurance company.
- A health insurance policy typically covers the costs associated with lab tests recommended by the doctor before starting the treatment or analyzing the problem.
- Some insurance companies include an ambulance benefit. In this event, the insurance company provides an ambulance to take you to the hospital in case of an emergency.
- Another one of the many benefits of a health insurance policy lies in the fact that the policy can extend coverage to the insured’s parents/parents-in-law, spouse and children.
Raymond Momanyi is the CEO Imana Insurance Agency Kenya Ltd www.imana.co.ke